Keep Farmersville Beautiful Adopt-A-Spot Program
Keep Farmersville Beautiful Announces The New Adopt-A-Spot Program!
The Keep Farmersville Beautiful Adopt-a-Spot Program hopes to encourage citizen participation in beautification and litter clean-ups of designated areas in our community at regular intervals. We hope that civic-minded individuals, organizations, and businesses will take the opportunity to participate in sharing in our Mission and Vision by creating a cleaner, more beautiful community.
1. An Application must be completed, indicating all relevant contact information, group information if you are volunteering as part of a group, and adopt-a-spot area selection. The selection of a public area should be precise and clearly identifiable. A list of adopt-a-spot areas available is attached.
2. A Liability Waiver must be completed and submitted for each volunteer at the same time the application form is submitted.
3. All volunteers must sign up individually and submit separate Liability Waiver forms, even if you plan to pick up litter as part of a group effort.
4. All volunteers under the age of 18 will require parent/guardian signatures on sign-up and Liability Waiver forms. Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by adult supervision.
5. All volunteers will be expected to review and practice all safety recommendations provided by this program. Safety is a paramount concern.
6. All adopt-a-spot agreements are for a total of two (2) years. Once you enter into an agreement, you are asked to remove litter and maintain your respective area MONTHLY and/or as needed. Volunteers are specifically encouraged to work as part of a recognizable group (family, business, church, club, civic, etc.) and to take appropriate measures to contain, store and dispose of all litter, debris, and yard trimmings collected during any clean-up event. If you are planning or having an extraordinary event that may require assistance with pick-up of your bagged litter collections, please contact City Hall at 972-782-6151 in advance to make appropriate arrangements.
7. Participants are required to track and report their clean-up activities and submit an Activity Report Form to the City of Farmersville so that information may be used for various reports and analysis.
8. Adopt -a-Spot areas are checked regularly. You will be notified if particular problem develop in your adopted area.
9. The City of Farmersville and Keep Farmersville Beautiful will provide participants with plastic trash bags and safety vests (if clean-up involves a street) prior to each clean-up.
10. The City of Farmersville reserves the right to preserve the integrity of the public right-of-way limiting the amount of adoptable spots in any given area.
11. The City of Farmersville, Keep Farmersville Beautiful, and the Farmersville Parks Board will not be responsible for any accident or injury that occurs to any member of any organization, or their property, that participates in the Adopt-a-Spot Program.
- Hold safety meetings with group prior to litter pick-up activities
- Make participants aware that they are working in a potentially dangerous environment and caution them to act accordingly
- Wear gloves and protective clothing and urge all participants to do so
- Wear safety vests and bright colored clothing for roadside cleanups
- Carpool to the Adopt-a-Spot area if possible to keep vehicles to a minimum
- Park vehicles away from the roadway
- Keep work group to a manageable size
- Closely supervise any youth groups. Volunteers age 12 and under should be discouraged from collecting litter in or near streets
- Do not remove any hazardous materials found on the site
- Stay clear of construction areas
- Do not pick-up litter on bridges and overpasses
- Do not pick up litter during inclement weather, hours of darkness or hours of peek traffic
- Be aware of possible contact with poisonous plants, stinging insects, fire ants and snakes
- Consider the possibility of any participant’s known allergies prior to litter pick-up
- Do not allow participants to consume, possess or distribute alcoholic beverages while involved in litter pick-up
- Wear sunscreen and insect repellant
- Drink plenty of fluids in extreme temperatures
- Be aware of your surroundings and any potential hazards
- Use the “buddy system” and work in teams to maximize safety
- Discuss emergency procedures with your team and know locations and numbers of the nearest police, fire and emergency medical services
The Parks Board encourages you to Adopt-A-Spot today!
Robbin Lamkin Memorial Splash Pad & Ramblers Park
J.W. Spain Athletic Complex
Farmersville Parkway (Between South Main Street & South Johnson Street)
Farmersville Parkway (Between South Johnson Street & Highway 78)
Chaparral Trail (divided into ½ mile sections)
Keep Farmersville Beautiful Wishes To Thank The Following For Their
Participation In The Adopt-A-Spot Program
Monument & Historical Marker at Intersection of Highway 78 & Farmersville Parkway
ADOPTED BY THE FARMERSVILLE HIGH SCHOOL BAND
Civic Center Garden
ADOPTED BY THE FARMERSVILLE GARDEN CLUB
Gotcher & Neathery Street Intersection
ADOPTED BY THE STROUP FAMILY
Chaparral Trail Head to Mile Post 0.5
ADOPTED BY THE FARMERSVILLE ROTARY CLUB
Chaparral Trail Mile Post 2.5 to 3.0
ADOPTED BY JOE HELMBERGER FAMILY
Chaparral Trail Mile Post 3.0 to 3.5
ADOPTED BY WES MORROW FAMILY
Chaparral Trail Mile Post 4.5 to 5.0
ADOPTED BY TODD ROLEN FAMILY
More spots will become available when construction on
Highway 380 & Highway 78 is completed.